Our piano was delivered Friday night, and thanks to Dad, Rod, Rob & Chris it is now off the truck and in our house!!! I was so excited to play it Saturday...but let me just warn you that there will be no concerts in the near future. For now I will simply blame it on how out of tune that thing is...but we all know the truth...
We left Saturday for Pinehurst and spent the day hanging out and getting the house a little organized and put together. -well, some were putting it together and some were taking things apart, but anyway, it was fun. Rod and Dad played golf and then we all went to John's BBQ for dinner. YUMMY! Rod and I went out with some friends for a little while that night. It was kinda strange because the last time we were at that bar Nathan was playing, but it was good to see some old high school friends and hang out with Ashley and his fiance, Tiffani.
Church today was good with a great challenge to step through the doors God opens for us. Played right into some things I've been thinking through lately...just the urgency of sharing Jesus with those around us. I definitely think that doors are opened for sharing Christ when people are going through hard times especially and there has been so much going on in and around me lately that I have been faced with this very topic. A good friend was sharing not long ago how if we had the cure for cancer we would be shouting it out for everyone to hear. She is right, and here we are with so much more than a cure for cancer!!! We have true life through the One who conquered all death, abundant life here on earth and eternal life in heaven with Him...freedom. Why aren't we shouting?? Well, in the sermon today on Esther the pastor was talking about doors being opened and abandoning our "self" and stepping through them. He went on to talk about witnessing and how God's plan would be brought about with or without us, but if we don't move when the Spirit leads we are ultimately just missing out on the blessing in our life from being a part of it all...not to mention the rewards in heaven. Challenging stuff. It sure is tough to abandon that self, huh?
Anyway, Rod, Rodgers and I came home this afternoon and Kylie stayed in Pinehurst with Nana Kathy and Nana Irwin. They took Papa Fred back to the airport. ("He is going to the hotel," Kylie said.) I hate that he got kicked out. Oh well. Hopefully Rodgers and I are going to have fun just the two of us until Kylie comes back on Tuesday!
Rod is already in mourning that he has to go back to work in the morning. Some weekends go way too quickly! But, at least he has his "dream job" waiting for him...could be worse! :) Was that encouraging to him??? probably not...
Okay, I feel like this blog is a little too serious, so....
Just a question: What would you do if your delivery guy never showed up? Would you keep calling to request a new delivery or would you eventually give up and order something else? Keep in mind you are really hungry this whole time you are waiting. Tough call, huh??
Love you guys!
Sunday, September 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment