Friday, September 08, 2006

There were four in the bed, and the little one said...

It's 6:30 in the morning...do you know where your children are??? Why, yes, I do! They are right here in my bed giggling!!! I think they are enjoying sharing a room a little too much! So we had family cuddle time this morning. -not a bad way to start the day.
We spent most of the morning doing laundry and cleaning the house. We got so much done! We took some time out from our work to play games and make a picture with our hands; we talked about what we can do with our hands that makes God happy...hugs, acting out the itsy bitsy spider, holding hands, clapping while we sing praises, helping to clean up, doing our chores, coloring pretty pictures. -oh, and Rodgers said playing rock, paper, scissors. Then we talked about how if we aren't careful we can do things with our hands that make God sad like hitting and pushing. I think the lesson went pretty well since later when Rodgers pushed Kylie she said, "Oh Rodgers, God is sad at you pushing." Rodgers said, "Ok I will make him happy," and he gave her a hug. Then Kylie said, "God is alright now." So we'll see if it continues.
Kerry came over at lunchtime and we went on an outing to Costco. Fun times. Kylie is glad our popcorn supply has been restocked and Rodgers got to pick out CheezIts, so it was a great day.
We went for a walk when Daddy got home, then to the movie store. Family movie night with Antz: Kylie dances to all the music, and Rodgers is oblivious to anything else in the room while watching.
Well, we are looking forward to our weekend of no plans. Hope you all have a good one, too!

3 comments:

the swineharts said...

too cute ang. Love the pic of you, it is hot!!Good lesson on the use of hands, want to come teach it to mine:-)

Kerry said...

Angie, you're a great mother and I do read your blogs! It was great to hang out today and I hope to do a lot more of that!

amanda said...

You are such a good mommy! How creative! :) I love you, Ang!! (and I am actually addicted to your blog! I just never write anything! I'll work on that!...)