
Yea! Daddy is home today! I love it! And what a beautiful day it is! (And Kylie has been telling us so.)
We ran some errands...mailed packages, washed the car...or should I say watched the car be washed? Then we came back and I did laundry (of course) and cleaned a little...stained the stairs again, rearranged furniture...really all of my favorite things. Fun day, huh?
Oh, and the most amazing accomplishment of the day: Kylie picked some new shoes!!!! Hallelujah!!! She loves shoes, don't get me wrong, but she is PICKY!!! We have been trying for a couple weeks to find a suitable pair. My mom, grandma and I tried last week, too. After making the Stride Rite guy bring up three different pairs, trying them all on, walking in all of them and looking at them all in the mirror, Kylie said she didn't want to take any of them home. Then Rod and I tried again last night at Target. She actually tried on quite a few pair there, but didn't like any of them after seeing them in the mirror. So today, Daddy took her to Value City and she tried on three different pair and SHE FOUND ONE SHE WANTED TO BRING HOME! They are cute, too! When they came home I went out to see the shoes that made the cut and I said, "Kylie, they are beautiful, and they have butterflies!" She said, "Yup, that is why I picked them." So there you have it. If only all little girl shoes had butterflies on them.
Later this afternoon I thought we had a major catastrophe. I wanted to rearrange the furniture in Rodgers' room since Kylie lives there now, too, so that her rocker could be in there and maybe "girl it up" a little bit for her sake. So Rod and I sat in there and mentally rearranged for a while and then just started pushing things around. We finally got something that we both liked. Right about that time, Rodgers came upstairs and walked in his room, stopped dead in his tracks, and looked around. He was NOT happy! He said, "NO I don't like it!!" I went over said it was okay and asked what he didn't like and maybe I could fix it for him and he needed to talk about it. He just looked up and said, "This is not how I had it before in here." He did calm down, and as we showed him the new things in his room and a special drawer in a bedside table that was just his for whatever he wanted to put in it (he chose his red album of pictures that he took all by himself at Kylie's birthday party) he decided it was ok. Whew. Drama boy. So, we'll see how it goes tonight when he goes to sleep with his bed in a different place. He sure does remind me of someone I know....someone I grew up with...oh, who could it be....
I guess I should tell you about Kylie's hard work yesterday. We spent the morning getting her old clothes together to loan out to a couple different friends. She was helping me put things in piles after I explained that none of these fit her anymore. She argued a couple times when she came across things that caught her eye, and said, "Mama, this fits me. I'll show you." And then she proceeded to put on shirts that showed her belly button and came just past her elbows...but all in all she was quite helpful and got excited about picking out clothes for Ellie! As we were finishing up and bringing the clothes downstairs she looked at me and said, "Mama, Ellie needs a purse!" She said it with such urgency! So she ran out to the playroom to where she keeps her purses and picked out one to send to Ellie. Of course then she also wanted to send her one of her lipsticks to put in her purse, and that took some time to explain why we can't share our lipsticks. Anyway, I was so proud of how much she wanted to give things to her little friend Ellie! She also sent her a Snuggle bear. Too cute!
Tonight we are going to the family and friends private party/training for employee night at Five Guys burger place at Blakeney. The owner lives in Rod's neighborhood and gave him an invitation, so we are all psyched for free food!
And the off-topic for the day: Don't you love how a certain smell can take you to a specific time or place? Some smells you just love and could never describe...you just have to smell it? So, what is your favorite smell?



3 comments:
Any sweet smell, especially Easter Lily. Reminds me of my favorite time of year. Nana B
My favoite smell has to be when the lilacs bloom. Especially when I get a box of them in the mail at work. They remind me of home.
Love,
Aunt Wendy
Hey Ang! I love the smell of FALL!! Like that crisp smell in the air when the leaves first start falling off the trees... That is my FAVORITE!!!! And a close second is the smell in the summer right before it rains... that's definitely a good one too. :)
Post a Comment