Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Happy Nappy!!!

Ok, so I stole it from Betty, but man does it work!! We are on day two of Kylie's "happy nappy" times. A nice little trick that she thinks is hilarious. We have to be happy to take our nappy! Kylie definitely hams it up while laying in bed before I leave and does the fake whine then says, "no! that is not a happy nappy!" Then she smiles and says, "this is my happy nappy face!!! Then when I wake up I am still so happy!" And she giggles when I kiss her and her friends happy nappy...of course the best line for her is, "happy nappy, Raffie!" which she makes me say at least three times. Then as I walk toward the door I have to count...1....2....3...at which point I get to the door and yell back "HAPPY NAPPY!!!!!!!" and she laughs and laughs. I mean, whatever works...even if it means my kids think I'm a freak.
Apparently it is not good enough anymore for Kylie to just dress herself. She now picks out my clothes and Rodgers' as well. She really wants me to wear a pink shirt every day, but since I only have one pink shirt she is disappointed a lot due to my lack of enthusiasm over wearing dirty clothes. I also shot her down today when she wanted me to wear my pink heels with my camo pants. I said, no I think I will wear my flip flops today. She looked up at me with the ultimate "Kylie look" as we call it, cocked her head to the side, then shook her head back and forth and said, "well....okaaaayyyy," like I was making the biggest mistake in the world. Keep in mind this is just a couple hours after she made me change pajamas after waking me up because she didn't like the ones I had on...and after I put on the new ones she picked she said, "those are great pants, Mama. You look good." Oh my goodness...I have created a monster!
Rodgers and I just finished Spanish class for the day. We went to pick out a new school book at Walmart the other day, and I was telling him about all the books and he saw the Spanish one. He is quite intrigued by Spanish ever since Dora and Diego. The book is for grades 1-3 so we are having to adapt, but MAN HE IS SMART!! It really blows my mind. We were going over colors and he only previously knew about half of them, so I was teaching him how to say the new ones. On the page they had a picture in the color and then the word written below it. Well, a few pages later there was an exercise that had some of the Spanish words written below with no pictures and he said, "hey look! There is verde! That's green." He went on to identify four colors just by the written words. I don't know how he does that! Anyway, we went through a few pages of color drills and then moved on to foods. After working with him for over an hour I asked if he wanted to take a break and play something else. He said, "Oh no, Mama. I have a lot to learn." Love it! :) I'm telling you, all the teachers out there better get ready for this one!
Speaking of, this morning we went to Bible study at church where, PRAISE THE LORD, the kids finally have spots in childcare! They made a craft in Rodgers' class with caterpillers where they colored the circles, cut them out, then glued them on a paper. The teacher told me when I picked him up, "I didn't get the glue to him fast enough and he got bored, so his caterpillar has some interesting shapes!" I laughed and told Rodgers I loved his caterpillar and how beautiful it was. As we were walking up the hall he said, "I didn't have any glue so I just had to keep cutting. I sure did make a mess on the floor!"
After Bible study we walked over to the park with Betty and the boys to play for a little while. It is beautiful outside! Can't believe how warm it is again...Anyway, it is the perfect park day. There were lots of kids at the park and everyone played pretty well together. Rodgers and Kylie were talking and playing with the other kids on the playground after Betty took Dylan home for a nap and having a great time. As we were leaving one of the boys yelled good bye to Rodgers and Kylie. I said, "Rodgers, he just yelled 'goodbye Rodgers'" thinking he would then yell back. But all he said was, "Well, that is my name, Mama." True.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie,
How do you do it? God bless you the knack you have with raising children is wonderful.

Aunt Wendy

Anonymous said...

Happy Nappy sounds fun. I'm gonna suggest it for Pat & I tomorrow at work!
Poop!

Anonymous said...

You are so clever, stolen or not. I sure get my laughs for the day. Love it! Love it! Nana B

amanda said...

I need a happy nappy.

Anonymous said...

Hey Angie !!!
I recently asked Aunt Wendy for your blog info because I wanted to stay in touch with the kids progress. Im jealous of all the fun you guys have.....Your a great mom..

Uncle Rob

Kerry said...

I agree with Uncle Rob...you're a great mom! You need to post about our fun trip to Costco! Maybe it's time I bought my own Costco Card! I hate to be repetitive, but I would like to take lots of Happy Nappy's too!