Friday, October 13, 2006

They're gonna getcha!

I am going to tell you the latest story that is NOT FUNNY people!!!!
We put Rodgers and Kylie in bed the other night and everything was fine for about 20 minutes at which point I hear Kylie screaming bloody murder upstairs. I ran up the stairs to see what was wrong and found her clinging to her bedrail, looking over the edge, tears streaming down her face, barely able to breathe because she was crying so hard. I scooped her up and tried to calm her down while asking Rodgers what he did to her. He was just laying in his bed next to her, calm as anything. She finally could talk and said, "The snakes are gonna get me!" I said, "What are you talking about, honey? There aren't any snakes in here." She said, "Yeah, Rodgers said snakes live in his closet and are coming out on the floor to get me!" "RODGERS!!! (that is me yelling) Did you tell your sister there were snakes in your closet?!" As his answer, he starts laughing hysterically in his bed...I mean, total belly laugh like it is the funniest thing ever!!! I had to turn on the lights, open up the closet, lecture Rodgers on how to be kind and compassionate and protect his sister, blah blah blah....so they are finally back in bed with the lights off and I am leaving the room AGAIN. As I am walking out I hear Rodgers whisper, "the snakes are gonna getcha!" And Kylie is screaming again. ROTTEN!!!! So, Kylie went to sleep in our bed that night...what am I gonna do???? Okay, so tell me, is that story funny to you? I came downstairs and told Rod and he thought it was great. He says since Rodgers can't beat her up physically anymore he is moving on to mental torture. Then the next morning I told Mom on the phone and she said, "oh that is funny." What is wrong with you people??? That is so not funny! Poor Kylie!!!
How that fits in with yesterday's comment from Rodgers, I will never understand:
"Kylie, if you will just be nice to me for two minutes, I will teach you my Spanish!"
Yeah, like she is always the mean one...

1 comment:

the swineharts said...

so stinkin funny, sorry, I was laughing when you told me and still laughing when I read it!!