Monday, October 09, 2006

Monday monday monday monday

I just love Mondays... We had a crazy busy weekend but it was so much fun!!! I love parties and it really was just one big party! Yippee! We started it all off with Steven's birthday party Friday night at Kerry and Steven's house. They had some yummy food, some new fun friends for us to meet from their small group at church, some old friends we got to hang with after not seeing for a while, and of course some games! (Oh, and wine! Kerry had wine for me! Cline...the very same wine that Pat and Linda turned me onto at Christmas...) ANYWAY, when we walked in the door to the party one of the girls we didn't know looked up and said to Rod, "hey, you're a Pulte guy!" He's famous. Two of the couples there live in his neighborhood, so that was a fun little connection. After the party, Caroline came and spent the night with us. Kylie loved that because then she got to wake her up in the morning! And I enjoyed that immensely! :) Caroline, I just really hope you change your mind and have kids one day!!! You would LOVE it! So Saturday morning was fun and memorable for Caroline and I but probably not quite as much for Rod...the fun part anyway...I think it was pretty memorable. Rod took Rodgers and went to Lowe's, so Caroline and I decided to rearrange furniture, of course. What could be better on a Saturday morning??? So, we had successfully moved the daybed and mattresses and trundle, the navy blue couch (and vacuumed under the navy blue couch which was DISGUSTING by the way), and had the plaid sofa almost into the den when Rod got home. -let me stop there. That is my version of the story, which I stand by. This is probably Rod's version or close to it anyway: "I took Rodgers to Lowe's to get a splitter so we could have all three TVs in one room to watch all the football games today with guys. It is gonna be awesome football overload. On the way I was listening to rap and Rodgers and I were dancing like thugs. We got the splitter and got back home ready to set up the TVs and assume the position on the couch...but we couldn't get in the back door because THAT WOMAN AND HER FRIEND had a couch wedged in the hallway and were stuck!!! So, I had to go get tools out of the garage and take the door off the hinges and then help them finish arranging furniture. NOT what I had planned for my Saturday morning.” Like I said earlier, I am sticking with my version of the story. After the “furniture fiasco” we waited around for Traci to arrive from Atlanta…which she did just like I said she would…nope she did not stand me up for the Gamecocks game! Anyway, then we went to the grocery store to get munchies and the stuff for Rod to make chili! YUM!!! People started arriving shortly and it was PARTY TIME! We all ate and laughed and talked and watched football. Rodgers was excited to show off his Spanish book…Amanda took some pictures during the festivities. She said it was a great “Miller family moment” that I needed to share on my blog. Rodgers and I are working on his Spanish while Kylie is…that’s right…eating ice cream with Daddy. My kids enjoying the three things I love most: ice cream, Spanish, and Rod!
Sunday morning, Caroline and Traci both had to leave to go home –BYE FRIENDS! WE MISS YOU ALREADY! – and we headed to church…in the cold and rain…boo. Church was good even the weather wasn’t. Afterwards we ran home so Rod could get ready and go to the Panthers game where they beat the Browns (Sorry Rob). I had fun making a birthday cake for “baby Dylan” (can I still call him that now that he is 1?) I was stressing over the cake Saturday night as I realized my schedule did not allow for any failed first attempt at making it look like a doggie, but I really had fun making it. It turned out pretty cute! After I finished with the cake, Rodgers, Kylie and I headed to the mall to meet Tripp, Becky, William, Bennett, and Walker for lunch, playing in Pottery Barn Kids (thank goodness for the kitchen and play food in there), and the fountain. It was great to visit with them even if for a short time. The kids especially enjoyed catching up. Kylie adores William. The four of them walked around the mall holding hands. It was too cute. Where was my camera then?? Sorry, guys, I let you down…don’t worry it won’t be the last time. We left the mall and ran by the house to pick up the cakes (I made a little dog bone cake for “big boy” Dylan to mash) and headed to the Swineharts’ house for the party! The kids had a blast and they had yummy food. The birthday boy finally decided to wake up and open his presents. He was so cute! I had to leave for Bible study before they did the cake, but they have it on video. I can’t wait to see it!
Bible study went well. This is the one I am helping lead for female YL leaders. It was our first meeting and we had a good turn out. It is going to be great getting to know these women and growing with them!
After Bible study I went by Cameo Court to watch last week’s episode of The Office. Why, you ask, would I go to watch it over there when I have DVR right here in my own home that I pay for every month? I’m glad you asked, now look out cause I’m about to vent and tell you about what happens when the power flickers during one of your recording times: you end up with 3 minutes of the show you wanted to watch because when the power flickers that little box forgets that it is supposed to be recording because the start time has already passed…lovely. But, thanks to Reba, I still got to watch The Office and it was hilarious!!! The best one yet! If anyone reading is still not watching The Office on Thursday nights, you are just out of your mind crazy!!!!! It is the best thing out there! I got home and Rob and Chris were over watching the Steelers game. I tried to hang and watch with them, but got sent to bed after starting to fall asleep on the couch. I guess that makes me not the best Steelers fan….oops…
So here we are on Monday. Dreary morning, beautiful now. Melissa, and OLD campaigner girl, came by this afternoon to chat and see the kids. It was great to see her! The kids are outside playing now, and Daddy is about to grill burgers since I am boycotting the kitchen after finally getting it cleaned up from the weekend. I am going to East Meck’s YL club tonight…I am excited! Haven’t been to club in a while, so I am looking forward to the whole atmosphere as well as just being there to support the leaders.
I will leave you with this story from today: Nana B called to tell Rodgers that she saw a picture of him with a monkey that Nana Kathy had on her phone. She wanted to know if he remembered the monkey from when he was up visiting in August. He of course did and explained that he was giving the monkey a coin and then the monkey put it in the cup for the man. Kylie was sitting and listening to him tell the story. Then she said, “Rodgers, don’t give coins to monkeys! Put them in your piggy!” Right on, girl!

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Angie, you are certainly the hostess with the mostess! I had a great weekend hanging out with you too! I'm glad you survived. Now, when is our vacation coming up?