Friday, October 06, 2006

Costco angels

Well, as Kerry alluded to in her comment, we had a ROUGH day at Costco yesterday. Talk about meltdown central. It was that bad. I was happy to leave that place...Rodgers was screaming bloody murder because he didn't get to have the fireman dress up outfit because he and his sister were fighting in the cart! They all might lock the doors the next time they see us coming! Lovely. Please keep in mind that this outrageous behavior was within the hour of practicing our Bible verses. Yup, I think it is sinking in.....
I realized that I never went back to type more the other day when I had to post quickly and get off. You haven't even heard about Kylie's big fall last Sunday! She was climbing up the ladder to the slide, but while stepping off the last step onto the landing she fell backwards the whole way to the ground! It was so scary! She screamed louder than I have ever heard her scream, her whole body was shaking, and she wouldn't move or walk or anything at first. It was awful!!! Of course Daddy was working the Panthers game...he always seems to not be around during her major accidents. He must like the way I handle emergencies. She just cried for a long time and kept saying she just wanted to go to sleep...scary. Anyway, she did finally walk and thought shining the flashlight in her eyes was a fun game. She also liked eating chocolate chips as I was making her pick things up and testing all her bones. After an hour or so all that still hurt was her left wrist, but we (as in I) decided just to watch it and see because it wasn't swollen, she just wouldn't put weight on it. She took a nap and then woke up crying and saying her arm hurt, so I gave her more medicine and told her to deal with it...maybe not quite like that. Daddy finally came home and took over so I could go to YL leadership that night. He said she was fine the rest of the night. The next day I went back and forth on whether or not to get her arm x-rayed, but here we are now with no x-ray and no broken bones. She is all better except for some stubborn bruises on her back and sides and some scrapes. Seriously, a 7 ft fall for a 2 year old is FAR! How scary would that be???
Kylie's injuries today: not as exciting. Just a couple teeth marks on her arm thanks to her brother. I am about to lose my mind over this recent obsession with biting! If anyone has any tricks other than the hot sauce on the tongue (which apparently Kylie is used to since she now opens her mouth and says, "give me some more sauce") or flicking their cheek. I told Rodgers he could only bite his food and he said, "But I'm not hungry." Okay? There is no logic here.
Later this afternoon Caroline is coming! Yippee! Kylie is already planning their tea party and Rodgers says he is coming too. I will believe that when I see it since they have been unable to do anything together so far today.
Kylie announced today that God did not make a beautiful day. I guess it isn't so appealing to her without sunshine. I'm with her on that. I need sunshine!!!
I got an email from Nathan's mom this morning saying as she was going through stuff at his place she found a video we recorded in their garage of all of us playing and singing back in like '94. Fun times. She said she is having transfered to DVD and will send me a copy. That could be funny...maybe I'll figure out how to put it on my blog by the time I get it. I am just glad she has one. They really only kept the videos until they got stuff copyrighted, but this one must've slipped through. I had a lot of fun writing and singing with that boy.
Okay, so random thought/question for the day...or not so random: Ever hear a song on the radio that totally said what you were thinking at that exact moment? Or feel like the person singing was talking straight to you? Or don't you love when you hear a song and it takes you back to a time and you remember how you felt or where you were? How about you post a comment and share with us!
Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVEN DRUMMOND!!! CAN'T WAIT FOR YOUR PARTY TONIGHT!

2 comments:

the swineharts said...

thank God mine are not the only ones that go off the deep end at the wrong time!!

Anonymous said...

I can relate, Angie. Relate about the tantrum - oh, yes. Usually at the supermarket though, not Costco. Relate about the fall - oh yes. The day Josiah turned 9 months I dropped him. Well, not exactly dropped him, but I put him in his stroller (unstrapped) to take a quick photo and next thing I know he is on his head on a gymnasium floor. Poor guy. He cried really hard. I wasn't sure at first where he hit on his head or if I gave him a concussion or not or if he needed an xray. He had a bruise on his forehead and seemed fine after a short time and a long nap. I'm so glad our children will not remember these times. :-)