Friday, January 18, 2008

4 kids

We had another kid last week!  Ok, so not really, but Tyler Swinehart came to live with us from Tuesday until Friday while Dustin and Betty were out of town.  We had SO MUCH FUN!  I really didn't know if any of them were ever going to fall asleep Tuesday night (yes, all three big kids started out in one room), but they eventually were all out!  Kylie loved having a playmate in the mornings while Rodgers was at school.  My kids were NOT used to the early hour when Tyler begins his day, and Tyler was not used to eating around 7:30 or staying up til 8:30 at night.  In the end, they just got up super early, played hard all day long...every game we own...thankfully it was nice outside last week, too... and stayed up late as well.  I am telling you, we had some TIRED kids during and after those three days!  That wasn't the only adjustment, though.  Rodgers asked Tyler Wednesday morning, "Why are you always loud like Kylie?"  Poor Rodgers didn't get any quiet time with both of "them" around.  Also, Rodgers realized he really liked having another boy to play with around here, but we had some issues with him trying to exclude Kylie because it was "boys only this time."  It was our first experience with three being a hard dynamic.  We worked through it though.  I was exhausted by the end of the week and have a new appreciation for Betty!  I don't know how she does it with her three boys so close together!  By Friday afternoon, I threw all four kids in the van and headed to Stonecrest to see the new Veggie Tales movie "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything."  Great flick, by the way, even though as I was walking in and people were staring at me I did begin to wonder if I had lost my mind taking all four of them in there by myself.  Of course, I had little mommy Kylie with me, so we were good.  She made sure everyone went to the bathroom and washed their hands before the movie.  She told everyone where to sit and handed out the snacks we brought along and told everyone to be quiet throughout the movie.  Elijah did amazingly well.  He ate, took a nap, watched a little of the movie and played with his toes.  He didn't make one peep the whole time.  After the movie, it was time to take Tyler home.  The kids were really sad their days with Ty were over, but I definitely crashed early that night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

man i wish i could've seen you at that movie with all of them! :)

the swineharts said...

you are a rock star! thanks again for keeping him, he loved it!!!