Funny story while I wait for the pictures to upload...
Christmas night while Uncle Will was reading to Rodgers and Kylie, he asked, "Rodgers, should I continue reading?" Rodgers said, "what is continue?" Will said, "It means to keep going. Should I keep reading?" Rodgers said, "Yes, continue." Later on in the story, Will stopped reading and Rodgers said, "Continue reading please." Uncle Will and Aunt Megan gave Rodgers his first dictionary later that night for Christmas, and I was explaining to Rodgers that a dictionary was a book that you look in to find out what words mean when you don't know. Rodgers said, "but I know what all words mean." I said, "Rodgers, remember earlier when Uncle Will said 'continue' and you didn't know what it meant? You could look that up in your dictionary." He said, "But continue means to keep on doing something." AHHHH Can I just scream sometimes?? Anyway, I finally got him to look up some other words and he now thinks that a dictionary is the coolest book ever! He especially likes when words have more than one meaning.



1 comment:
i'm so glad to hear that he loves his dictionary :)
Post a Comment