Everything is a competition with kids; they thrive on it. Usually I enjoy that and use it to my advantage, like "who can fill up their bucket the fastest with their toys? who can get their jammies on first? etc). Well, then Eli heard that the earliest case of strep throat the doctors had ever heard of was a 9 month old...and he decided he wanted that record. So, if you ever wondered what a 3 1/2 month old with strep throat looks like, here you go. So sad. I thought he was doing a good job of taking his medicine for the first time...I stuck the dropper in his mouth and let it out slowly and he just kinda scrunched his brows but didn't cry. Then I said, "good job Elijah!" and he stuck out his tongue and it all ran down his face. Oh well. It was a good first try. After that I gave him Tylenol. By the time I got around to nursing him he wouldn't open his mouth. Poor thing. But don't worry, he is milking this for all it is worth and has gotten me to rock him to sleep for his past two naps. He is very cuddly!
So think of me as I am here with a husband and 3 kids with strep. My test this morning was negative (I am talking about strep, but a pregnancy test would say the same thing, Linda!) but they are sending it to the overnight lab to make sure. Lovely. I wonder how many bottles of antibiotics our fridge can hold?



1 comment:
SO SAD!!! let's pray that owen doesn't start feeling THAT competitive any time soon!
Post a Comment