Thursday, May 22, 2008

Oh, sweet Kylie!

The other day Kylie was having a conversation on her cell phone with an imaginary friend:
"Oh, sorry, I can't do that.  I have to speak tomorrow so I have to do some work to get ready."  Hmmm...spending time with Papa Fred lately???

Kylie also went with me to buy new running shoes (step one, and apparently most important step, of marathon training).  As I was checking out, Kylie started collecting business cards off the counter from the stacks people had left there to advertise their businesses.  I told her she could only take three; she is obsessed with business cards and would have taken all three hundred off the counter.  The guy checking me out (as in taking my money, not looking me up and down) started laughing and said, "Is she into networking?"  I laughed and told him she surely would be one day.  Then he asked her, "Do you know lots of people?"  She didn't hesitate for a second and responded, "I know you now and can come back to visit you sometime soon."  Love her!

Kylie is on another trip with Nana Kathy right now.  A ten day trip.  They went to Pittsburgh, are on their way to Jersey, will go to Richmond, and come home next Thursday.  Yup, she's off meeting more people...

No comments: