Monday, May 05, 2008

Where's my margarita???

Happy cinco de mayo!  I have been "celebrating" since the wee hours this morning thanks to a baby who we found out this morning has an ear infection.  Silly boy!  Guess he didn't realize his brother and sister had enough for all of them.  Still it is nice to have made it to 7 1/2 months before the first one!  Although I guess we just replaced them with strep throat...anyway...
Rodgers almost missed school today because I fell asleep!  I had been up with Elijah and finally got him back asleep and laid on my bed to wait a few minutes before drying my hair and woke up at 8:40 to the sound of him talking in his crib!  OOPS!  So, I somehow got the kids up, dressed, shoved breakfast down their throats, and we made it to school at about 9:17.  This of course was after a short conversation with Rodgers about going to school:
Me: Rodgers, please hurry!  We are really late cause I fell asleep!
R: Are we going to Cross & Crown?
Me: Yes!
R: Um, I think I might just wait for college.
Me: College?!  How do you know about college?
R: I know things, Mom.
Me: Of course you do, but you have to go to school before they let you go to college.
R: Do you have to go to Cross & Crown before they let you go to college?
Me: Well, um (thinking thinking thinking...how do I answer this) you have to finish Cross & Crown before you go to kindergarten.  HURRY!  We are late!! (For some reason this stopped the questioning!)

Kylie and I got to take Elijah to the doctor.  It was a pretty uneventful trip, thankfully.  They put him on an antibiotic, so hopefully I only have one or two more bad days to go...

After school, Freddie (class stuffed frog) got to come home to spend the night with us.  So, Freddie got to come along for Rodgers' first round of allergy shots.  I'm not really sure if it is worth it????  What a nightmare.  Someone please tell me I am not scarring my child for life by putting him through this!!!  They usually give all the shots in this little space divided from the waiting room by a wall with an open doorway, but NOT US!  They quickly shoved us back in a little hole in the wall room where they probably wished they could lock the door.  This is after I have sent Kylie back to watch the tv in the waiting room (while praying there are no kidnappers there), am carrying a fussy, sick Elijah, and dragging Rodgers by one arm while he is kicking and screaming "NO I DON'T LIKE SHOTS I DON'T LIKE SHOTS!  I SAID I DON'T LIKE SHOTS I DON'T LIKE SHOTS!  HELP ME!  HELP ME!"  Don't worry, it's not embarrassing AT ALL!!!!
Anyway, after the drama I let them pick out movies at Blockbuster while hoping that would lead to a nap for me.  No such luck on the nap front, but the movies kept them occupied for almost an hour.  After that we ate ice cream cones on the patio.
All three kids played trains at the train table today.  It really was the sweetest moment in the midst of a crazy day.  I tried to get a picture, but Elijah kept sitting back down and trying to come over to me when I had the camera.  Maybe next time.  After he was playing with the trains I had to rebuild the track (the only way I got to Rodgers to share the trains with his brother in the first place; he thought he should maybe have his own track on the floor so he didn't mess his up) which took me a while.  In fact, Rod got home to find me puzzling over not having the right pieces.  I actually, in my defense, had it put together a couple times, but then the kids wanted different pieces added, so I had to rework it.  I HAVEN'T SLEPT A FULL NIGHT IN A YEAR, PEOPLE!
All this yelling on the blog reminds me of another conversation with Rodgers the other day:
R: Mom, why are you talking so loud?  You are almost kind of yelling.
Me: I'm sorry, you're right I am.  I didn't mean to yell.
R: You know, I always can hear you even when you talk quietly.
Me: You mean you heard me ask you the first time I said it?
R: Yes.
Me: Then why didn't you answer me?
R: I wanted to see if you would say it again or just put my shoes in the basket.
The worst part of the conversation: I laughed!  I did make him put his own shoes away, though.

Anyway, all this to say HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!!!  We didn't have mexican food for dinner, but Rodgers did have a taco for lunch at school today.
And HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY!!!  WE LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

Kerry said...

LOL! You made me laugh for a good three minutes while I read this! I love the line "I haven't slept through the night in a year!" I can relate. No telling what lack of sleep really does to our brains.