Thursday, May 22, 2008

On the move!

Look out!  Elijah is crawling!  I can hardly believe it!  How is he growing up so fast?  STOP!  Last Monday, he crawled about two feet over into Rodgers' lap.  It was the cutest/craziest/funniest/saddest/most shocking/most amazing moment...all at the same time...and I cried!  Why am I such a loser that I don't want my kid to grow up??  I want him to stay little and cuddly.  I want to be able to rock him always.  I want him to reach for me every day for the rest of his life.  I want to hear his belly laugh forever.  Why does time pass so quickly?
I just sent my other mom, Suz, a message on facebook...yes, facebook...asking her what I had to do to get life to slow for a minute.  She said life doesn't slow down ever and to carve out time for the essentials...time with Jesus... Ah...my priorities get so off!  I am so silly to think life is really about me and my kids!  And thank goodness it isn't...
I will try to get a video of Elijah and his little "bunny hop" (he crawls his hands and hops his butt) uploaded for all to see.  So far he has not cooperated!

No comments: