Friday, September 19, 2008

Just playing

We had rainy day movie time with Owen and Jule the other day.  The kids all watched...kind of...Toy Story, while Tara and I put together little boxes for her sister's wedding.  Fun times for all!
Kylie was fixing our hair for us the other night.  She is so fashionable.
Elijah has a new favorite toy.  He seriously crawls straight to it when I bring him downstairs in the morning.
By the way, Fridays are hard!  I go from my quiet little mornings of just Elijah on Mon-Thurs to...HELLO two 4-year-old girls who didn't get any energy out at school!!!  :)  It was a fun day, but they kept me running!  Thank goodness for beautiful weather and our swings!
Rodgers had Community Day at school today.  He had to build a hotel to take in.  It, of course, ended up painted red.  He had so much fun making it!  Unfortunately for him, his mother always procrastinates until the last minute to finish projects, so he was landscaping and painting the parking lot last night after bedtime.  I really need to work on that!  So, anyway, Community Day.  Rodgers was so proud to show off his hotel and let us meet his friends.  We all had a great time looking at all the buildings, talking to friends, and eating refreshments.  Rodgers even wanted his picture taken with his teacher, Mrs. Haan.  Elijah's only complaint was that he wasn't allowed to get out of the sling and "play" with the displays!
We met the whole gang from the neighborhood at the park this afternoon.  It is so hard to keep up with everyone now that we are into the busy season and all at different schools.  The kids had fun playing all together again.
I am exhausted from my week and so glad the weekend has begun!  I finally got some time with Betty tonight over dinner at Salsa's.  It was good to catch up, and a great way to unwind.










1 comment:

Kerry said...

We need to come and play with all of Eli's new toys!