Me: Rodgers, who do you think will be the first person you see at school today?
R: I don't know.
Me: Just guess. Who do you think it will be?
R: You mean when I get out at carpool or when I go into my room?
Me: I don't care. How about when you go in your room?
R: Well when I first go in I go put my stuff away, so I won't see anyone. So, I'm gonna say it will be one of the people who sit at my table. (And he named off the people who sit with him.)
Me: Or Carter, right? Doesn't he sit at your table?
R: No, he moved.
Me: You guys moved seats again? I thought he was at your table because he is a reader, too? Why did they move him?
R: Well, we didn't get in trouble! They just moved him.
Me: Did they move other people, too?
R: Yes.
Me: Did they move a lot of people?
R: Just a minute.
Me: Rodgers, did they move a lot of people?
R: Just a minute!
Me: What are you doing?
R: They moved 8 people. (He had been counting moves)
Me: So who moved into Carter's seat?
R: It wasn't just a trade.
Me: What?
R: It wasn't just a trade. It started with...
Okay, he went on to tell me all the moves starting with who moved first, which table number they moved to, who took their place, which table they came from, etc. He even told me one person who just moved seats at their table! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!
All this to say, I'm taking him to Vegas! He would be great at counting cards!



No comments:
Post a Comment