Sunday, September 28, 2008
Broken
I had to make a really hard decision yesterday. I am no longer running the marathon. Most of you know I have had major problems with my hip for over a month and have not run for over 3 weeks. Yesterday I was supposed to run 20 miles, which is 4 miles more than I have ever run, but when I got up my hip hurt so badly that I was limping to the bathroom. This decision was hard on so many levels: I really want to experience the marathon after training for months, I wanted to go to Chicago and run with all of my friends, I really support World Vision and their ministry and would've been honored to run for them, and also just because this was a huge challenge and it absolutely stinks that I can't finish it!!! But, after talking to MANY OF YOU, people I trust, and hearing the same thing over and over, I realized it was really just my pride keeping me from letting go. So, it is with a heavy heart and much sadness that I am finally announcing that my marathon dream has come to an end. I am still cheering for all my buddies who will be running 2 WEEKS FROM TODAY!!! I'm proud of you guys and wish I could be there with you! To all of you who have sent me encouraging words over the past few months and financially supported World Vision, THANK YOU! You have made a lasting impact on people's lives in Africa and blessed my heart! Y'all are awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Angie, Thank You! Thank You! Wise woman. You have a precious family who need a healthy wife and mom. We're proud of you for making the hard decision and the correct one. We love you even more, if that's possible. HUGS, Nana and Papa
PS We, too, are happy to always support World Vision because of the work they do.
Angie, I am still so proud of you for jumping in wholeheartedly into participating in this marathon. I am disappointed for you, knowing how much it meant to you, but you are making a wise choice. I want to be able to run and play with you for many years to come and we need your hip to work to do that!
I just found your blog through Amanda Uher and wanted to say I am sorry about your injury. I can imagine that is very disappointing but I pray you heal quickly.
I also love World Vision. My husband I got to go to Zimbabwe with them a year ago last February and t was such an eye opening experience... you would be shocked to see how far $35/mon goes!
Aw, Ang, I'm so disappointed for you! But I agree with the masses - you've made a wise decision... Still so sad though! I hope you are able to enjoy cheering for everyone - and I'm so proud of you and how you've helped bring in support for World Vision!! Love you, friend!!
Post a Comment