Monday, October 13, 2008

God Of This City

So for the past week of more I can't help but think about Charlotte and all the people who live here and work for Wachovia (and the many other financial institutions for that matter).  How this whole Wachovia deal works out will have a major impact on our city and so many lives.  Maybe you haven't put it all together, but the financial state of our city also directly influences our housing market...and Rod's job...and my food...and I get cranky when people mess with my food.  So, these are times when I try to focus my energy in the right places and not waste time worrying, but turn it into prayer instead.  God got my attention this morning while I was doing the dishes and listening to my iPod.  He played the Chris Tomlin song "God Of This City" and reminded me there are bigger things going on, and He is at work.  Good words for this time and as we head into the election.  Greater things are yet to come...

The song should be playing as you read this, but if not, here are the words:

You're the God of this city
You're the King of these people
You're the Lord of this nation
You Are

Bridge:
For there is no one like our God
There is no one like our God

Chorus 1:
Greater things have yet to come
Great things are still to be done
In this city
Greater things are still to come
And greater things are still to be done here

Verse 2:
You're the Lord of Creation
The Creator of all things
You're the King above all Kings
You Are

You're the strength in our weakness
You're the love to the broken
You're the joy in the sadness
You Are

Chorus 2:
Greater things have yet to come
Great things are still to be done
In this city
Where glory shines from hearts alive
With praise for you and love for you
In this city

Greater things have yet to come
Great things are still to be done
In this city
Greater things are still to come
And greater things are still to be done here

3 comments:

Shari said...

Angie,
Thanks for this post. What a great reminder that God is in control. What a great God we have.

-Shari Cable

Anonymous said...

wow. awesome.

Bradley Hasemeyer said...

yeah great song...I haven't heard that one...I think I'm gonna iTunes it, yo!