Thursday, October 02, 2008

Kylie's day

September was a long month at school for Kylie.  Since she switched classes at the last minute before school started, she wasn't on the first calendar for leader day, which includes being line leader, bringing snack, and doing show-and-tell.  Well, that can be a little hard for a 4-year-old to understand...especially when they want to know why they didn't just make a new calendar, but OCTOBER IS HERE!!!  Kylie was the leader today!  Let me back up and give the pre-story.  She came out of class on Tuesday all excited to tell me that she would be leader on Thursday!  Later as I was talking to her about leader day, I said, "Kylie, what do you want to take for snack?  Grapes and crackers?"  She said, "Mom, I want everyone to LIKE what I bring!"  I said, "Don't people like grapes and crackers?"  She gave me a "look" and said, "I think it would be better if I just pick it out."  So, she and I had to take a trip to Walmart last night in preparation for the big day.  After a  lllooonnnggg  tttiiimmmeee in the snack isle, she ended up making what she calls "a mix up" with goldfish, pretzels and teddy grahams.  She even sprinkled M&M's on top.  It actually looked very pretty in fall colors, thanks to the rainbow colored goldfish.  She was so ready for school this morning!  She actually was watching for her ride out the front door.  The day was a big success.  Everyone loved her Webkinz that she took for show-and-tell (thank goodness since it took her half an hour to get it dressed up in the right outfit and looking nice).  She told me after school when I asked how it went, "Oh great, Mom.  I'm a fantastic leader."  Of course she is.  And just think, we get to do this all over again at the end of the month because her kind teachers put her at the beginning of this month's calendar and then in the correct place in the normal rotation just to make up for last month...thanks...

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Kylie is quite the leader! It is so fun to see her personality take shape more and more everyday!