Wednesday, October 15, 2008
No pain no gain!
I went to see the orthopedic guru this morning about my hip. He got me up on the table, quickly inflicted some pain while diagnosing, then injected the most painful shot of my life right into the most painful part of my body. A lovely morning. For those of you who know anything about this kind of thing, he said I have trochanteric bursitis and I.T. band syndrome. I got the cortisone shot today, an order for physical therapy, and a follow-up appointment for 3 weeks down the road. When he sees me next time, if I still have the pelvic pain, then I will get another cortisone shot higher up for the bursitis as well as an xray to make sure there isn't a bone problem there. The good news is, he thinks most of my pain will be taken care of by treating the I.T. band. The bad news: I will feel much worse before I feel better since he said he injected a bunch of medicine into me; so tomorrow will be rough, but after that the cortisone should start working. So, as I type I am laying on the couch on ice, drugged on Advil, repeating "no pain no gain" to myself. I will be in bed early...after I motivate myself to walk up the stairs...I KNEW we should have bought a house with a master downstairs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Well, at least you can start the treatment and get on the road to recovery! I will pray for it to heal quickly and as painlessly as possible!
Awh Man, I am so sorry Angie! I was really hoping for a better prognosis here. You will stay in my prayers. the boys have a chalk board by their beds so we can remember to pray for our peeps in the hood; you're on it! You hang in there, and keep chanting no pain! You're just too lovely to be down for long! Luv Your Neighbor, Chantelle Kelly
Post a Comment