Monday, October 27, 2008

I'm not dead yet!

Please tell me there are some Monty Python fans out there laughing as they picture Not Dead Fred yelling...
Anyway, it has been over a week since sickness hit this house, but it has not left yet.  Kylie got it last Saturday, I got it last Tuesday, Kylie kicked it last Thursday night, Rodgers got it Friday afternoon.  So far, little man is holding out.  He felt a little warm to me before he went down for his morning nap today, but woke up fine, so he's still in the clear for now!  Yay!  I still have it.  Is this fair?  I think not!  But I will say I was noticing how long my fingernails are and thinking "wow!  They only grow like this when I am pregnant, and I am NOT pregnant!"  Then I realized they probably always grow like this, but I usually break them all off because I don't usually lay around on the sofa and in bed all day.  DUH.  So, if I stay sick for another week I could end up with perfectly manicured hands.  Not so sure it's worth it.  Rod stayed home from work Wednesday and Thursday to take care of the kids last week and keep me off the roads (I'm scary on drugs), so now we are praying he doesn't get sick since he already used personal days for me.  Well, for that reason and because he's grumpy when he's sick and I don't want to deal with it.  All this to say, we aren't dead yet, and have managed to have to some fun in the midst of all of it.  The pictures below are all out of order thanks to Blogger, but I'm giving up trying to fix them, so just pretend it is a puzzle.  Here are the clues:
1. Kylie during one of the high fever spikes in between Motrin doses on the couch.
2. Elijah helping Kylie eat popsicles to make her throat feel better.
3. Rodgers helping Kylie eat popsicles to make her throat feel better.
4. Rodgers making a jack-o-lantern face while eating a popsicle to make Kylie feel better.
5. Rodgers being goofy while eating a popsicle to make Kylie feel better.
6. Rodgers cuddling Elijah in the chair before school while I tried to find school uniform clothes...oops, guess I forgot to lay those out!
7. Kylie and Nana Kathy posing in front of the birthday cake Kylie decorated.
8. Kylie, Nana, and Papa with their party blowers since we, sadly, had to celebrate without Rodgers.

We can't wait to all be healthy again!  Imani has been a trooper and hung in there with us all last week even without Kylie, but she is happy to have Kylie back playing today!

Rodgers was Star of the Week at school last week.  He got to take in pictures and a fact sheet to decorate the bulletin board and he had special duties like line leader, teacher helper, erase the boards, turn on/off the lights, take notes to the office, hand out papers, etc.  He was so excited Monday morning!  He came down with a huge smile on his face ready for breakfast.  Then when he was leaving (Rod took him to school since Ky was too sick to put in the car), I said, "have fun at school 'Star of the Week!" and he said, "have a great day, mom of the Star of the Week!"  He got green behavior stickers all week, too, which is no small feat.  He also had his first Accelerated Reader (AR) test on Wednesday.  He did a great job and got all the answers right.  And so far he is excited about AR and doesn't mind that no one else has to do it.  Of course, it helps that the tests are on a computer.

The kids have said some really funny stuff in their sleep/delirium over the past week.  Apparently I have, too, but mine was Ambien induced, so that doesn't count.  Kylie has asked potty training questions, said she needed to go shopping, yelled out to her friend Hannah, and much more.  Rodgers had the funniest story, though.  He slept in the bed with Rod Friday night and Saturday morning Rod asked him where he heard the word 'jerk.'  We all looked at him wondering who was calling a jerk in his sleep.  He said, "it was in my story I read from school. it said, 'when the car stops suddenly, your head may jerk forward.'"  He had read his weekend reading story just before he went to bed.  Rod said he was kicking him in the back in bed saying "jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk"  LOL!  We thought it was hilarious how we all jumped to the wrong conclusion of what 'jerk' he was talking about!

Well, hope you are all doing better than we are!  :) 












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww that picture of kylie is SO SAD!! Hang in there, friend!!