Well, it is Sunday afternoon, and it has been a crazy busy weekend! Things are moving right along around here. Friday afternoon brought dump truck #2 with another HUGE load of dirt and lots more fun for the kids. I think really I should have been taking pictures of the bath water at night after all this!

The patio is making progress, too. They are not done yet even though they were to be done by Friday afternoon...but they are Mexican. I have been to Mexico. I know how it is. Sometimes time just gets away from you.



The patio is making progress, too. They are not done yet even though they were to be done by Friday afternoon...but they are Mexican. I have been to Mexico. I know how it is. Sometimes time just gets away from you.
We went to get our patio furniture Saturday. It is discontinued. Of course. So we came home and planned out a new arrangement and went back to get that instead. It is out of stock. Of course. We spent most of Saturday evening (our date night, but it is ok cause I still got Qdoba) and part of today driving to stores in the area and calling around to stores all over the country trying to round up some chairs after finally finding a table last night. I think we finally found some about an hour ago...Rod is in SC right now trying to get them because the guy said he can't hold them for him. Of course.
We (as in Rod) got the tile and chair rail all ripped out of the bathroom yesterday. What a mess!!!! Then as he was taking off the faucet handles in the shower the whole end of the pipe came off cause our pipes are so old. We went to Lowe's to see if they could match it from where it stripped off the handle, but of course he has to take off the other piece of the pipe for them to try to match it which requires shutting off the water to the house. We haven't done that yet cause he figures if that goes like the rest of the work we've been doing lately we'll end up without water in the house for the whole week. We'll wait on that...
Otherwise, we are ready for the tile this week. In the meantime, I don't think we'll be using the shower.

The landscapers came Saturday afternoon and did the grading in our yard and dug up a bunch of roots, etc, that the tree guys left behind a couple years ago. They also got the front beds ready for shrubs. They were some hard working Mexicans! Rodgers and Kylie had their shovels out, too, and were "helping" most of the time they were here. One of the Mexicans told TJ, the boss, "most white guys don't know how to use a shovel, but look at this little guy!" They laughed at the kids the whole time. Rodgers did say today on the way home from church, though, that he was sad those men messed up the dirt piles! So, I guess he would've rather kept the hills. Me, I'm just glad that now when I look out the back yard the mosquito pond is gone!! Yippee!! Oh, but it is all just dirt because the sod didn't come in yet. Of course. But they should be back Tuesday to lay our grass. Until then, Kylie thinks it is like the beach, so she is totally fine with it. And Hobbes likes it cause the dirt is really cool to lay on.


The kids had a tea party outside, so I got some pics of that, too. Kylie said she needed more friends to come and specifically mentioned wanting Papa Fred to come. I told her I was sure he would love to be there and maybe next time! You hear that Papa Fred???
Well, we are just going to finish up some painting this evening and we are looking good on the project status! Yea!! Just in time to head to Ian's this weekend to help them work on their house! It is a fair trade, though, cause he will fix the brakes on my car. A family that works together stays together, right?? :)



1 comment:
I'm tired just reading about your weekend! I can't wait to come to a cookout on the new patio and chairs!
Post a Comment