Thursday, May 03, 2007

hey little - i mean big - baby!

I had a doctor appointment yesterday (which you would know if you have been keeping up!), and it went pretty well. I heard the little munchkin's heartbeat and got a good report on my blood pressure which I was a little worried about. My weight...let's just say the doctor told me the gain was fine for this month but if I did it again next month we would need to talk! The nerve!!! Doesn't she know I am eating for two??? Just kidding, I agree that I better not gain that much next month! I will have another ultrasound in 7 weeks to check to make sure the placenta moved out of the way (must happen in order for me to deliver vaginally, so pray for that please!), so that will be fun to see him again! Rod said he wants to come to that one, too. There is nothing like watching him on the screen moving around...I mean, this is the third one and I still find it hard to believe there is a little tiny person in there!! I am also having more trouble with carpal tunnel in my right hand, so pray that somehow is relieved, too, and I don't have to wait until after delivery for it to get better because they really can't do anything to help it...and it is not fun.
Kylie couldn't find the right purse for her outfit today, so I asked her if she wanted me to make her a pink one out of yarn. She said yes and then as I was getting out the yarn she saw the yellow yarn and decided she wanted it to be pink AND yellow. So, I made her a little pink and yellow purse. She asked while I was making it, "will it be ready when Sara comes??" (Sara is their sitter who came this afternoon. She was very excited for me to be finished. Well, I finally finished (quite a feat when I have to stop every few minutes because my hand is numb) and gave it to her. She was ecstatic: "Mama, it is so beautiful! Thank you so much! You are the best mama!" So dramatic. So easy to please.
The kids wanted to play a game earlier on the rug in the den, so I told them we had to pick everything else up before we got out a game with lots of pieces. We started cleaning up and I said there were so many things to clean up because they hadn't been putting things away when they were done this morning. Kylie said, "There are so many things out. For the love!" I laughed like crazy knowing Daddy would just LOVE (there's the sarcasm again) the fact that she picked up that saying from me. Then she said, "You say it, Mama. Say 'for the love!'" Too funny.
Rodgers read me some books this afternoon. I kept telling him how proud I was of his reading and that he was working really hard and doing so well. "Mama," he said, "sometimes I'm amazing." He was so matter-of-fact I just leaned over and kissed him and said, "yes, you are."

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Cute purse! I need one like that!