


Yesterday we got our first delivery of dirt. The dump truck pulled up in the backyard and dumped a whole load right where our "pond" usually is. All the neighbor kids came running over when they heard the loud beeping that can only mean "big truck!" All 5 of them were squealing and yelling "AWESOME! WOW!" I wonder if Rod realizes all that he takes for granted at work everyday?!?! Anyway, after the truck left I think you can all guess what happened...that's right, the kids went straight into the dirt! They climbed all over and threw dirt around and came in covered head to toe. You know, part of me wanted to go climb in with them!
The guys came bright and early this morning to start on the patio!!! Yippee!! It is really happening! We can sit on our patio this weekend! At first Kylie was just excited that "Victor is back! He's my favorite!" She has a little crush on owner of the company. He is the one who came out the other day for the estimate. He is hispanic and Kylie said she likes "how he talks and his teeth." I didn't notice anything special about his teeth, but I think I will look when he comes back this afternoon. Rodgers, once he woke up, realized right away that "all the boys here speak Spanish just like me!" Well, not long after that, he realized one of the workers has a hook for a hand. And that was the beginning of the end. There is no arguing with him on this point: There are spanish speaking pirates at our house making a patio! Now he wants to go out and play pirates with them. I am not really sure what to do at this point, so I am play the distraction game until I figure out a plan. Thankfully they are breaking up the sidewalk right now with the jackhammer so it is too loud to go out right now...oh help! I will have to update you later...
The guys came bright and early this morning to start on the patio!!! Yippee!! It is really happening! We can sit on our patio this weekend! At first Kylie was just excited that "Victor is back! He's my favorite!" She has a little crush on owner of the company. He is the one who came out the other day for the estimate. He is hispanic and Kylie said she likes "how he talks and his teeth." I didn't notice anything special about his teeth, but I think I will look when he comes back this afternoon. Rodgers, once he woke up, realized right away that "all the boys here speak Spanish just like me!" Well, not long after that, he realized one of the workers has a hook for a hand. And that was the beginning of the end. There is no arguing with him on this point: There are spanish speaking pirates at our house making a patio! Now he wants to go out and play pirates with them. I am not really sure what to do at this point, so I am play the distraction game until I figure out a plan. Thankfully they are breaking up the sidewalk right now with the jackhammer so it is too loud to go out right now...oh help! I will have to update you later...



1 comment:
I'm ready to come play on the patio!
Post a Comment