Mama needs a break!!! I came down this morning from getting dressed and the kids had dumped out both cereal boxes of cheerios...one almost full of honey nut...the other about a quarter full of fruity. A quarter box of cheerios is still a lot when it is all over the floor, by the way. So, being my rational self, the first thing out of my mouth was, "you guys are grounded from Cheerios!" I think my children are the first kids ever to be grounded from Cheerios. Rodgers said, "does that mean we can never eat them ever again??" I said, "of course not. It just means Mama might not buy them again for a long time!" Sometimes my temper amazes even me...
You can't really tell from the picture, but please just believe me when I say there were a lot of Cheerios...and Cheerio dust.
The kids "helped" me paint polka dots on Elijah's walls today. Really they just pointed and said, "put one here! A big one here!" I was pretty happy with how they turned out, but the biggest size needs some touching up around the edges. That will have to wait for another time cause I am tired of being in that little room. But I moved all the furniture back and the room is all ready. I am glad it is pretty much done! Hopefully Nana Kathy will make curtains for in there. I didn't put up the crib cause I think I will wait until I need it. There isn't any extra room in there!
The fence guys started early this morning. First they dug the big holes. That was the kids' favorite part because they got to watch the "spinner." I have no idea what that digger tool thing is really called, but it is now called the spinner at our house. 
They are about halfway done now. They will finish tomorrow, just in time for us to leave for the weekend! So, we are halfway to keeping the neighbors out of yard! - I mean keeping the kids in our yard!!! :)
Actually they have gotten a lot done in the last hour since I took that picture; they now have the boards fastened halfway across the back. But you can just wait for the finished pictures now...cause I'm lazy!
Well, I don't know what time we are leaving for Richmond tomorrow, so I may not blog tomorrow, but I hope you all have a great relaxing weekend!



1 comment:
Yay for the fence! I can't wait to come and play in the back yard! I also love the dots in Elijah's room! He's going to love them too!
Post a Comment