
We had a wonderful weekend at the lake! We stopped in Columbia for the night Friday. The drive down was exciting in itself because Kylie used her headphones to watch the movie for the first time! Yea! That really just means Daddy and I didn't have to listen to the movie the whole way and could listen to music instead! Big improvement! Daddy got the kids to bed once we arrived; Mama went to Nonnah's with Caroline for some of their famous apple pie and tiramisu as well as much needed "face time." It was a wonderful end to the crazy week.
We left Saturday morning and headed to the lake to see Nana Stewart and Papa Rock. We toured the house and got to see all the renovations they have made and are making (didn't look too different than the state of our house really). After lunch we headed out on the boat and Rodgers got to fish for the first time! He thought that was pretty fun. Made me miss Pa Hupper; wouldn't he have loved to see little Rodgers with a fishing pole and hat? I am sure GaGa would've been the same way, but I never went fishing with him. Anyway, after the boat ride, the kids started swimming...and they spent the whole afternoon swimming...Tripp, Becky & the boys got there a little before 4:00 and they all went swimming...We finally got the kids out of the water just before 8:00 to eat dinner. They were exhausted!! Now I am really ready to get the kids in swimming lessons because I am realizing what my summer at the pool will require energy-wise! I don't have that kind of stamina! Oh, and I left out one of Kylie's favorite parts of the lake: Nana's golf cart! She is quite a good driver...kind of...if you don't care which side of the road you are on or if you even stay on the road at all. She loved taking us for rides!
Ok, my mission for today is to get the pictures loaded on the computer. Hopefully I can do that so you can see the lake!
We left Saturday morning and headed to the lake to see Nana Stewart and Papa Rock. We toured the house and got to see all the renovations they have made and are making (didn't look too different than the state of our house really). After lunch we headed out on the boat and Rodgers got to fish for the first time! He thought that was pretty fun. Made me miss Pa Hupper; wouldn't he have loved to see little Rodgers with a fishing pole and hat? I am sure GaGa would've been the same way, but I never went fishing with him. Anyway, after the boat ride, the kids started swimming...and they spent the whole afternoon swimming...Tripp, Becky & the boys got there a little before 4:00 and they all went swimming...We finally got the kids out of the water just before 8:00 to eat dinner. They were exhausted!! Now I am really ready to get the kids in swimming lessons because I am realizing what my summer at the pool will require energy-wise! I don't have that kind of stamina! Oh, and I left out one of Kylie's favorite parts of the lake: Nana's golf cart! She is quite a good driver...kind of...if you don't care which side of the road you are on or if you even stay on the road at all. She loved taking us for rides!
Ok, my mission for today is to get the pictures loaded on the computer. Hopefully I can do that so you can see the lake!



No comments:
Post a Comment