Friday, May 11, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

We are getting ready to head to Columbia for the night and then on to the lake on Saturday to visit Nana Stewart and Papa Rock. The kids are so excited to play at the lake with their cousins! It should be a nice weekend, so hopefully we'll get out on the boat, too. We are just waiting for Daddy to get home from work so we can load up and be on our way!
This has been a busy week for us. Painting, stripping wallpaper, hanging pictures. The kids have had a rough time with allergies, so that is no fun since the higher dosage of the meds makes them kinda grumpy. We did finally find a patio guy, though. He works with Rod and thinks he can get it done for us next week, so we are moving in the right direction. I called to have the topsoil delivered, though, for the landscaper and - get this - they are out of dirt right now. Figures. So, I guess we'll be waiting on dirt until the end of next week or so. Oh well.
The other day the kids decided they would gang up on me instead of each other which was a little rough for me, but I decided I might like that better since I didn't have to worry about who was hurting whom or what the "real story" of what happened was. It only lasted for that one day, because yesterday they were back to killing each other, but I really have seen a difference in their little comraderie. I think Kylie may have a hard time in the fall when he goes to school. Thank goodness she'll have Elijah!
I spend a lot of my days with a princess and a knight now. Other days are usually spent with pirates. But no matter what, there is always an adventure that usually required backpacks and maps...even in princess dresses and with swords! The playground is now the "pirate ship," and the playhouse at the bottom is the dungeon, so let's hope you don't get sent there next time you visit.
I did my grocery shopping with the kids today. I know I am crazy, but they were really good! I couldn't believe it! Rodgers did get upset though when we passed the bakery and I wouldn't let him get his birthday cake. No concept of time, I am telling you. He is telling everyone he is about to 5 because it is almost his birthday. It could be a really long 6 months...
Rodgers told me yesterday, "Mama, you know you are supposed to be with your Mom on Mother's Day?" I said I knew and that we were going to be with Dada's mom on Mother's Day and we would celebrate with my Mom, Nana Kathy, at Uncle Ian's house. I asked him if he was going to be with his mom on Mother's Day. He said, "I'm not sure. What day is it?" Like he has anywhere else to be or a choice of whether he is with me everyday??? I just laughed and said, "Well, it is on Sunday, bud, and I'm pretty sure I'll be with you!"
One of my friends had her baby on Tuesday, so I was wrapping the gifts to take for the baby and big sister, Ellie. Kylie came in and asked whose birthday is was. I explained that Ellie's baby sister was ready and came out of her Mama's belly. She got all excited and said, "Oh! Maybe Elijah will come out now!" I explained he still wasn't ready. She said, "Okay, well when he is I will get him a present, too. But who will bring me a baby doll?" I mean really, doesn't a girl ever have enough baby dolls? Which reminds me: Today at Walmart she tried to talk me into getting her a baby doll that they conveniently hung AT THE CHECKOUT LINE!!!! COME ON PEOPLE!!!! HELP ME OUT A LITTLE!!! I told her she has lots of babies at home to play with. She said, "Oh, but Mama, this baby is for my baby doll so she can be a mama too!" Nice try. Unbelievable.
Well, I guess I need to go finish packing. I may be able to get the photos to load. I have one of the princess dancing with the prince at their wedding...

No comments: